15.8.10

A new cast for another week

Last Sunday I decided Laura needed a proper bubble bath instead of the sponge bath that we were told to do until the cast comes off. I had given her a bubble bath a few days before too, both times I carefully wrapped her cast up with a plastic bag and made sure there weren't any holes. But this time water got in :( I think I had too much water in the tub and after I took her out I found a hole in the bag. I wonder if her cast might have poked the bag, as she loves to kick her legs when she's in the tub.



So Daddy had to take Laura to the dr. on Tuesday, 2 days before our scheduled follow up and they said "yep, cast is too soggy, we need a new one." Laura did not like the saw - the noise was too much for her - and she turned bright red as fat tears rolled down her cheeks. She continued to cry all the way out the door even though this time she got a pretty purple cast. Dr. said her toe looked good, we were told it was going to be shorter than the rest and it was. Sometimes I wonder if we did the right thing, but if we hadn't she would never be able to wear a shoe on her foot.



On the word front, Laura does say Mama just not when she's awake. I had her laying next to me the other night watching TV when she started babbling in her sleep, it was like "blah, blah, blah, Mama, blah , blah blah." Plain as day - Mama. Stinker! During the day we say "say Mama" and she laughs and shakes her head no.

No comments: